Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life update/rant - Twitter, School, bad doctors

      I was the last person on the planet to join Facebook and now I'm on of the last people to the Twitter party.  I've known about Twitter forever, just never really thought much of it before.  But since I'm trying to grow this blog and make connections, I joined the other day at the behest of my boyfriend. It seems some people are on there constantly, posting every hour of the day.  I don't think I'll ever do quite that much, but happily I have met a couple great bloggers/new friends, so I'm liking it.
     The first was Violet LeBeaux, Australian Gyaru Hime and DIY craft goddess.  I've been a huge fan of her blog for a long time, so for her to follow me back and actually take the time to talk to me and even offer advice is so amazing.  I'm a lil star-struck honestly! The next was La Carmina, popular author, blogger, and sometime travel TV host.  She is so nice and her Scottish Fold cat is adorable!  So in the brief time I've been a tweeter (or twerp?), I'm made some good contacts and all around nice people.
     In other news, I'm in my last full month of the spring semester and things are starting to get stressful.  I have a 4-page paper to write today for Earth History and lots of exams and projects all due soon.  I'm a procrastinator extrordinaire so I make things harder on myself, I know.  If I could get some decent sleep, or even just get back on a normal sleep schedule, I think life would be so much easier.
     Instead of spending the whole day working on this paper, I had an appointment today at a clinic where I hoped to find a new family doctor as mine moved her practice out of state.  Man, what a frickin' waste of time and money!  This "doctor" spent all of 5 whole minutes with me, said I was healthy, and walked out.  When I told him that I didn't have a family doctor any longer and was hoping to go over some health issues with him, he said "what health issues? You're fine. See you in 6 months" and left.  I was so pissed, I went right to the front desk to complain.  The women working there didn't seem a bit surprised at my complaint and made me a new appointment.  They said a supervisor would be contacting me to hopefully switch me to a different/real doctor.  Ugh! I'm so mad right now!
Sorry for the rant guys, but I just got home and had to get that out.  Now I'm off to the library to write this paper. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...