Friday, May 20, 2011

Today's Makeup Look - Classicly Understated


Pairing a very neutral, understated eye with bright lips makes for a classic look.  The last time I used this lipstick it was for a pin up style look.  Today, I just did a very clean, casual look that's very easy to achieve.

I simply applied a flesh tone base all over the eyelids, then added an off-white eyeshadow on the inner two thirds of the lid, and a rosy, burgundy shade on the outer third and the crease.  I brought a little of the rosy shade under my lower lash line and tight-lined my upper lid with black eyeliner.  To this neutral look, you can add any bright lipstick without it being over-the-top. 

This would be perfect for an interview, a lunch date, or a casual day out with friends :)
(I'm not sure how this happened, but I ended up using some of my more high-end cosmetics for this look, but obviously, you could use any brand you have on hand.)
Products used:  Lancome cream eye base in Nude
Lancome Color Design eye shadows in Latte and Garnet Sensation
Maybelline Line Express eyeliner in Ebony Black (redundant name lol)
Wet n Wild Mega Length mascara in Black
Estee Lauder Blush All Day in Pink Cloud
Wet n Wild lipstick in 514A (red with blue undertone)

4 comments:

  1. This is a lot different from a lot of your other looks but I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yeah I was trying something a lil different this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like that lip color on you, it suits you! (I'm jealous, I have a hard time finding reds that don't make me look scarily pale.

    Love the classic look! ^^)b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yeah, red is very tricky. If you're pale, you have to chose a red with blue undertones, like the one I'm wearing. If you're tan, or darker in color, you pick a red with orange undertones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...