Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Today's Makeup Look - Cool Violet

So last week I picked up this L'Oreal Eye Glosse at a discount store in town and was excited to try it out and possibly review it.  Stay tuned to TokyoChel for the review, but now, onto the tutorial!

I first applied an eyeshadow base, then this L'Oreal Eye Glosse in a light lavender all over my lower lids.  On top of that, I applied a cool, medium purple shadow to the outer third of my lids, an ocean blue to the middle third, and bright white to the inner third.  Blend the three shades together just enough that there aren't distinct lines between the colors, but not so much that you lose the three distinct shades.
Repeat the same process under your lower lashline to balance out the shadows.
Blend the purple shade up into your crease to define the shape, then highlight the browbone with the white.  Next, I applied a black liquid liner to my upper lashline and layered a purple liquid liner above the black line for interest.  After lots of jet black mascara, the eyes are pretty much done.  Add black pencil liner to the lower waterline if you like.

For this look, I used a bubblegum pink blush and a pretty pink lipstick and gloss.  All in all, it's a pretty, summery look that's colorful without being clownish.  What's your go-to look for summer?

Products Used:  L'Oreal Eye Glosse in Charming
L.A. Colors Ocean Breeze palette
Wet n Wild Mega Liner in 861 (black)
Jordana Semi Permanent liquid eyeliner in Go On Purple
Maybelline One by One Volum' Express mascara in Blackest Black
CoverGirl Cheekers blush in Classic Pink
Wet n Wild lipstick in 502A (goldy rose pink)
Jordana Lip Out Loud! Super Shiny Gloss in ASAP



2 comments:

  1. What did you think about that loreal eye gloss? I've heard not good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely wasn't what I thought it would be. Stay tuned for a review soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...