Saturday, July 30, 2011

Today's Makeup Look - Deep Green Sparkle

It's been quite some time since I posted a makeup look, especially one as different as this.  As you can see by most of my makeup looks, I tend to shy away from very dark colors.  I honestly don't know how to use them effectively for anything other than darkening my crease or outer-v.

But I was feeling adventurous today and started playing around with some of my dark creme and powder shadows, and this is what I came up with.  What do you think?
So first, I covered the outer three-quarters of my lid in a graphite creme shadow by Wet n Wild.  Over that I applied black powder shadow, and blended some up into my crease.  Then, starting at the inner corner, I added a bold kelly green, and swept it from the inner corner into the middle and blended it with the black.
I added some black shadow to outer lower lashline and the kelly green to the inner lower lashline and blended the two together.  Then to blend out the crease, I swept on some graphite-colored shadow.  I highlighted my browbone with a shimmery baby pink.
Whew! This is a long tutorial!  Anyway, instead of using eyeliner on my upper lid, I added some glittering blue-green liquid shadow to add a little pop to the look.  Finish off the eyes with lots of mascara and dark green eyeliner in the lower waterline.
In keeping with the adventurous spirit of this look, I actually spent a lot of time highlighting and contouring my face as well, which I don't normally do.  I swept a matte transluscent powder all over my face to control shine and even it out, then I added a coral-colored blush to the apples of my cheeks and blended it back towards my temples.

I contoured the hollows of my cheeks and the sides of my nose with bronzer to slim the face.  Then I highlighted the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheekbones with a shimmery pink shadow.
My serious model face lol
All in all, I like how this look turned out, but it was a lot more work than I normally put into my makeup routine.  Long post, no?

Products used:  Wet n Wild Idol Eyes creme shadow in Graphite
Black, Graphite, Kelly Green, and Pale Shimmery Pink shadows from Claire's Designer Eyes palette
Hard Candy Eye Def Glittering Eyeshadow in Pool Boy
Rimmel Spark it Up Gleaming Eye Darkening Pencil in Peridot
Maybelline The Falsies mascara in Black Drama
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder (love it!) in Transparent
Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in Cream
Jordana Blush in Coral Sandy Beach
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation gloss in nude color (the sticker with the shade name fell off)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...