Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Wii U: Nintendo's Next Gen Console

At E3 this month (E3 is the biggest and most respected video game expo), Nintendo unveiled their next home gaming console, the Wii U!  Pictured above is the Wii U's giant controller (standard Wii remotes will also work, depending on the game) boasting a 6.2in touch screen that will allow everything from video calling to web browsing.
The Wii U offers fully HD visuals, backwards compatibility with current Wii games, and unprecedented interactivity.  One of the coolest features shown in the demo trailer is the ability to go from playing a game on your big screen at home, to playing it in the palm of your hand should someone else want to watch TV.
Nintendo also unveiled an impressive list of upcoming games for the Wii U.  Based on what they showed during their E3 press conference, it looks like they're bringing a much larger variety of games to the system, including a lot more mature titles - good news for many hardcore gamers who have often labeled Nintendo as "kiddy" or only for "casual" gamers.
No word yet on how much the Wii U will cost, but it's slated for release late next year.  Obviously, there's some skepticism over the big controller and whether or not Nintendo can fulfill all their promises, but I've owned and loved every video game console they've ever released.  I stood in line for hours to get the Wii on launch day and I'm excited to do it all again with the Wii U!
What do you guys think?

5 comments:

  1. It looks kind of cool... and of course the new zelda game has to be on wii u, so I'll have to get it -.- I'm a little sceptical to the new wii, but I'm most probably going to get it myself. But I have not too high expectations though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the next Zelda game (Skyward Sword) is coming out this year for the Wii. I'm going to wait until closer to the Wii U's release date before I make too many assumptions, but I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh XD Then I'm totally looking forward to the new Zelda game :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I love nintendo & I think this looks awesome! just hope it's not too expensive when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to the new Zelda too, and the Wii U!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...